Join us for the SoA’s annual night of literary riches and our summer party at Southwark Cathedral – a celebration of the best and most promising voices in fiction, poetry and non-fiction.
The 2019 Society of Authors’ Awards will take place at Southwark Cathedral on Monday 17th June, sponsored by the Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS), playing host to 500 guests across publishing and SoA membership.
Presented by a panel of celebrated judges, including Kate Mosse, Gary Younge, Mark Lawson, Anita Sethi, Susan Hill, Tahmima Anam, Pascale Petit, Inua Ellams and Jen Campbell, the combined value of the nine Awards will be over £100,000.
Enjoy drinks and popcorn throughout the night: 7–9.15pm, with presentations at 7.30pm.
The shortlists for the 2019 Awards will be announced on Wednesday 15th May 2019.
The prizes to be awarded on the night will be:
- The Betty Trask Prize and Awards for a first novel by writers under 35
- The Cholmondeley Award for poetry
The Elizabeth Longford Prize for Historical Biography
- The Eric Gregory Award for collections of poetry by writers under 30
- The McKitterick Prize for a first novel by an author over 40
The Somerset Maugham Awards
- The ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award for a short story
- The Travelling Scholarships
- The Paul Torday Memorial Prize for writers over 60
Find out more about the Society of Authors’ Awards or email Sophia Jackson, Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets: SOA Member tickets: £20 Non-member tickets: £25 from https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/authors-awards-summer-party-2018-tickets-46140613818